Summarising the critical aspects of each type of analysis (purchasing process, lead process, on-site search, homepage, brand metrics & landing pages)
It is essential to understand the difference between website performance reporting and analysis. Think of reporting as stating the facts and analysis as taking things to the next level and understanding why do facts are such and what can be done taking them into account. The following types of study are:
How to segment traffic?
- Identify Segments
- Based on the type of visits – where they come from, how often and what prompted them.
- Is the user proactively segmenting himself?
- Define Desired Behavior
- Users behave differently and go differently about satisfying their needs.
- Identify typical agendas
- Customise per-segment and for-all
- Create a Hot Box on each page – content is determined by segment identity.
Offline conversion and delayed conversion: how does it work:
- Offline Conversion
- It is essential to analyse the whole transaction process on-site and off-site.
- Measure metrics on-site and off-site
- A good example is the Mini Cooper website that drives traffic to its offline reseller sites.
- Delayed Conversion
- Occurring when the transaction process requires approvals
- It is important to tag the customer initially, and then follow the process (RMB, Promo Codes etc.)
- It is also important to benchmark on a regular time basis to get a clear picture of trends
Copyright © 2010 Borislav Kiprin. All Rights Reserved.