I know I haven’t posted for a while, but things are rather hectic.
Just to let you know that today I have published my first post on IE’s Online Master Blog. Do have a read if you are interested in knowing more about the program!
In case the link does not work anymore, please see the original post posted below:
“Finding the Masters in Digital Marketing
As a first post, I think it is only normal to explain how I got here at Instituto de Empresa studying Masters in Digital Marketing.
If you are reading this blog, you are obviously interested in doing a Masters in Management or an MBA, and second, to that, you might be also thinking of doing online, as yours truly does. So, in the following lines, I will be laying down my approach to picking up this degree and enrolling for it.
Researching is a major point of such an endeavor. You are about to spend an enormous amount of hard-earned cash or actually get a loan from your bank. In both cases, this is motivating you big time. What I did can be summed up in the following bullet points:
- I figured out that a general MBA won’t cut it for me, because of the number of graduate available and the fact that I already did my Bachelor in Business Administration
- I started researching online for a Marketing degree that focuses mostly on Digital but also includes the traditional approach.
- I talked to friends that have done their MBAs in Top 25 schools. Asked many questions and got some valuable answers.
- Got on FT.com, WSJ.com, BusinessWeek, and Economist and checked all the rankings. I personally think that this is not a major thing, but you will be surprised how many hiring managers pay attention to that if of course, you don’t know that by now.
- Once, I got to know IE and their program, I didn’t even want to apply to the previously envisioned universities. I went straight to talking to the guys and submitted my application.
- To my surprise, I got an answer, plus a proposal to enroll within two weeks. All done in a professional and enthusiastic way (and I am not talking about my approach here)
Everything happened so fast that I was only able to believe it when I got to Madrid for my first face-to-face. Before it, all seemed like an illusion.
Well, this is for this week. Next post I will be sharing my initial impressions of the program and hopefully answer some of the questions you, as a reader, might have.”
Copyright © 2009 Borislav Kiprin. All Rights Reserved.