Primary and secondary data types represent a collection of information that can help one improve the website to optimise the reach of business goals. The segmentation of primary and secondary data types is as follows:
- Primary Data Types
- Behavioral Data – showing what the user is doing on the site
- Attitudinal Data – focuses on why people show such behaviour
- Competitive Data – the benchmark against what competitors are doing
- Secondary Types
- Call-center Data – focusing on what customers are looking for and can be implemented on the site.
- Customer Data – helps getting insights on customer profiling with their behaviour.
- Transaction data – amassing knowledge on transaction behaviour that can help optimise the process
- Third-Party Research – not tailored to your specific needs and rather general, but time and cash saving option
- Usability Benchmarking – Studying how users interact with the website and how easy it is to perform a task.
- Heuristic Evaluation & Expert Reviews – done by experienced professionals & cheaper option to usability benchmarking.
- Community Sourced Data – a useful source of a true perception of your product/brand
Case study: Leveraging different data to improve site performance:
Copyright © 2010 Borislav Kiprin. All Rights Reserved.