Primary and secondary data types represent a collection of information that can help one to improve the website in order to optimise the reach of business goals. The segmentation of primary and secondary data types is as follows:
- Primary Data Types
- Behavioral Data – showing what the user is doing on the site
- Attitudinal Data – focuses on why people show such behaviour
- Competitive Data – benchmark against what competitors are doing
- Secondary Types
- Call-center Data – focusing on what customers are looking for and can be implemented on the site.
- Customer Data – helps getting insights on customer profiling in relation to their behaviour.
- Transaction data – amassing knowledge on transaction behaviour that can help optimise the process
- Third-Party Research – not tailored to your specific needs and rather general, but time and cash saving option
- Usability Benchmarking – Studying how users interact with the website and how easy it is to perform a task on the site
- Heuristic Evaluation & Expert Reviews – done by experienced professionals & cheaper option to usability benchmarking.
- Community Sourced Data – useful source of true perception of your product/brand
Case study: Leveraging different data to improve site performance:
Copyright © 2010 Borislav Kiprin. All Rights Reserved.